Budrio - Palazzo Dalla Noce
The town of Budrio is located fifteen kilometres east of the city of Bologna.
King James III and VIII and the Prince of Wales (later King Charles III) were guests of the Boriani family at Palazzo Dalla Noce (formerly Palazzo della Contrada Lunga), April 25, 1727. 1 A Latin inscription records the visit:
IACOBUS III BRITANNIÆ REX
UNA CUM SERENISSIMO
PRINCIPE PRIMO GENITO
VII KAL. MAJI AN. MDCCXXVII
Budrio can easily be reached from Bologna by train. Trains leave Bologna every one-two hours; the trip lasts only thirty minutes. From the Budrio train station one walks north on Via A. Gramsci which becomes Via Muratori. Then one turns right on Via Mazzini which becomes Via Garibaldi. Palazzo Dalla Noce is located at Via Garibaldi, 35-39. Part of the building is now occupied by the local public library (Biblioteca Comunale).
1 Fedora Servetti Donati, "Sua Maestà britannica a Bologna e il Palazzo del Re, anno 1728", Strenna storica bolognese 30 (1980): 339.