The Botanical Gardens of Rome, located at Largo Cristina di Svezia 24, were formerly the private gardens of the Palazzo Corsini. King James III and VIII was in the habit of walking in these gardens.
The gardens have changed little in the last 250 years. Many of the architectural elements date from the time of King James. The Fountain of the Tritons was built around 1750 by Ferdinando Fuga. 1 The Monumental Staircase, also by Fuga, dates from 1732.